Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
A500DaBest
Post subject: My first blog rant about Vampire all together! Posted: Sat 18 Mar 2017 02:27
Ok people let us get this clear for all who think so little about Vampire and it's so called "overpriced" product. You need to start drinking some smart pills. For a starter Vampire is a real accelerator and not an emulator. What define an emulator? Emulator is a software that mimics the behavior of the CPU and hardware of other computers or consoles and translate them to the current operating system and hardware and trick the program to thinking it is running on the actual hardware. That is an emulator. Vampire is not that. FPGA is not that! Vampire is simply a real hardware, real CPU that can easily be upgraded without the need of buying new versions of CPU or hardware. It does not emulate...it is the real thing.

Now I get the blabber and technicality out of the way let us discuss what makes Vampire superior over other accelerator and why the price seems fair. It simply takes what is not possible into possible when upgrading your Amiga 2000/1000/500 and yes even 600. It upgrades your CPU, it upgrades your RAM, it upgrades your network, it upgrades your custom chipset, it upgrades your audio and also it upgrades it to HDMI. Something you could never find in all the other accelerators in the Amiga history. Sure the price may have went up a little bit, but look at fpga arcade it cost 700 dollars and that is not even close to the specs of what Vampire gives and on top of all of this it is inferior in specs compared to Vampire. You don't believe me? Buy yourself a Vampire and try it out yourself. If I was to take exactly separate hardware to match what Vampire brings to your Amiga let us put it in the list now:

1) A CPU upgrade that is from 68000 to 68080 with new instructions and compatibility with old and running at 64 bit at speed of 78 Mhz, IDE support and 128 MB of Fast RAM, that would cost easy in eBay for at least anywhere between 600 to 700 dollars and you know that is not a lie! Look at the history of all these outdated and old accelerator and tired ones and see how much they go in eBay.

2) Upgrade your computer to HDMI output support that cost 50 to 60 bucks.

3) Upgrade your computer with a powerful RTG like the one that Vampire brings goes easy for 150 to 200 dollars.

4) Upgrade your computer with AGA support for your Amiga 500/600/2000 and 1000 that goes for a good 400 to 600 dollars and you know it!

5) Add internet support 40 to 60 dollars depending on where you are getting this from.

6) Of course you need to add a new case to your Amiga 500 and Amiga 600 that should cost you 200 dollar.

How much do you think these will total up to? That is right folks, a beautiful $1820!! And of course you lose your sexy A600/A500 case and get some boring looking PC case and of course you need power supply and cooling devices so add another 100 dollars in total! Compare this to said Vampire's current price where you don't need cooling, you don't need a new power supply and you get to keep it in your favorite case....... :o :shock: !!! This a dream true coming to reality!! VAMPIRE IS REAL, CPU IS REAL AND IT IS NOT EMULATED AND YOU STILL KEEP YOUR AMIGA SPIRIT AND STILL USE IT'S CUSTOM CHIPSET!!

Everyone should buy Vampire! Everyone! Vampire is the best thing ever happened to the Amiga community! Thank you BigGun, Majsta and everyone in the community who have brought the best thing ever to the Amiga community!

[Profile] [Quote]
Atheist
Post subject: Re: My first blog rant about Vampire all together! Posted: Sat 13 May 2017 13:57
Hi A500DaBest,

My first post here.... hopefully many more to come!!!! :P

A500DaBest wrote:
Quote:
Ok people let us get this clear for all who think so little about Vampire and it's so called "overpriced" product.
I AGREE.... so NOT overpriced! While the components are "a small amount of money" and any of "specmark64", "GeekBench", "SuperPI", "CineBench", "Prime95", "Sandra", "PCMark08" or "HandBrake", IF COMPILED for our accelerator and the results compared to an overclocked 8 core i7 stink, and I mean STINK.... THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!!!!!!

You aren't buying something that is going to compete with an i7 CPU and nVidia 4 GB video cards that do 4K resolution!!!!!
Quote:
You need to start drinking some smart pills. For a starter Vampire is a real accelerator and not an emulator. What define an emulator? Emulator is a software that mimics the behavior of the CPU and hardware of other computers or consoles and translate them to the current operating system and hardware and trick the program to thinking it is running on the actual hardware. That is an emulator. Vampire is not that. FPGA is not that! Vampire is simply a real hardware, real CPU that can easily be upgraded without the need of buying new versions of CPU or hardware. It does not emulate...it is the real thing.
I also say, I don't want the OVERHEAD of an OS running under my AmigaOS usage, that is 3 to 18 GB in size.... And the emulation NOT being 100% accurate, ANYWAY!

My i7 that runs at 3.4 GHz, with 32 GBs of RAM takes 1 min 40 secs to boot up from a SATA SSD (6 gbit per sec controller)!!!! (It claims it can do 445 MB per second read!)

TRUE AMIGA, VAMPIRE CLASS will boot up in under 8 seconds (the standalone) and have "instant off". Yeah. I can get behind that.
Quote:
Now I get the blabber and technicality out of the way let us discuss what makes Vampire superior over other accelerator and why the price seems fair. It simply takes what is not possible into possible when upgrading your Amiga 2000/1000/500 and yes even 600. It upgrades your CPU, it upgrades your RAM, it upgrades your network, it upgrades your custom chipset, it upgrades your audio and also it upgrades it to HDMI. Something you could never find in all the other accelerators in the Amiga history.
In agreement 100% !!!
Quote:
Everyone should buy Vampire! Everyone! Vampire is the best thing ever happened to the Amiga community! Thank you BigGun, Majsta and everyone in the community who have brought the best thing ever to the Amiga community!
I agree ON ALL COUNTS! (Everything quoted and parts not quoted.)

I also don't believe that there is any intel CPU that will be able to keep up with the Arria10 populated standalone Vampire either. What I mean is, emulate it.

It has 64 bit instruction ability. It has enhanced AGA. NOBODY will code that for x86... and if they were going to, no one will know enough about it to succeed!!!!!!! Personally, I still say, I don't think an i7 is fast enough, unless maybe you wrote it in assembly.

AOS, is the BEST operating system in the world...
And the Vampire is the BEST AMIGA HARDWARE in the WORLD!!!!!

And as if that isn't enough, it is a TRUE PERSONAL COMPUTER....
Something that CANNOT be said of other computers out there for a LONG LONG time now!

If it EXPECTS YOU to enter a product key, create user name and log-in code, forces you to get an email address OR ELSE you're locked out of their "little eco-system (ZOO/CAGE)", pressures you into using xyz software (internet explorer) with xyz add-ons (silverlight/.NET) and other things that escape me now,.... it has LEFT the "PERSONAL computer" lifestyle that I remember, know and LOVE!

Even though there are alternatives, and they have a head start, and they have a GAZILLION DOLLARS greasing their wheels, we will prove that there are BETTER WAYS TO COMPUTE, and WE ARE IT!!!!!!!!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] Return to “General Chat”

Jump to: