Forums issue.

TrashyMG

Forums issue.

Post by TrashyMG » Sat 20 May 2017 22:40

So there is this forum that is directly tied to the official apollo-acceleratiors.com page where many who are new this forum is likely the first place they look for further information. This forum may look fairly dead. However people who have been in the community for a while seem to still do the in-depth vampire discussion on apollo-core.com forum or on IRC, not to mention both Kipper and Majsta have their own pages where they tend to slip in news about the project.

Is there some discussion about merging the two forums? migration seems slow if not non-existent to this page. It seems to me that having a centralize active location for all vampire/apollo discussions may help move this community forward, help people who want to know more about the project, discuss software development for the new 64-bit features and such. It would kind of suck if someone lost interest in getting a vampire because a question wasn't answered for days or at all because of the lack of activity on this forum or think this forum reflects the project in whole.

Maybe I stepped out of line posting this, just my feelings on it.

Atheist

Re: Forums issue.

Post by Atheist » Wed 24 May 2017 17:32

TrashyMG wrote:
Sat 20 May 2017 22:40
Is there some discussion about merging the two forums?
Hi TrashyMG,

I've asked for them to add a heading at the top on the other website where we could have "miscellaneous" banter, and Gunnar himself said, "ain't gonna happen". He wants only very serious issues and information over there. There were a few times (usually instigated by me :-() where things got a little heated and way off tangent, but for the most part, it's fairly tight over there.
TrashyMG wrote:
Sat 20 May 2017 22:40
migration seems slow if not non-existent to this page.
It could possibly be, oh, I don't know, that there wasn't any specific thread that was opened over there inviting us here. Telling us that this is the (semi?-) official chat/help/speculation/rumours place to go to for going into other important but otherwise disruptive things that should be talked about, but undesirable on the other website.

I've been reading posts here since about November, having found a link to it accidentally, and wasn't sure where it stood in relation to the whole Apollo Core/Vampire project. I was reluctant to join on those grounds.

Up to now, it's been very tranquil, as you have outlined.