Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Acill
Post subject: Bug when using AmigaKit Laser Mouse Drivers Posted: Sun 23 Jul 2017 17:32
Just a heads up that the driver for the AmigaKit (Integrated Elbox Cocolino inside) and the Elbox Cocolino causes all kinds of crazy issues when the user had a Vampire 600 or 500 installed. It will not let the right mouse button work in some applications properly. For example in DPOUS 4 when you right click on the "s" in the bottom file window to bring up all your mounted drives it does not click and instead makes the scroll bar move to the right.

Also when you open a file selector window it will let you select the volumes, but when you go into one to view contends it will start to jump all over and not let you go into the selected drawer. Example, open Text editor, select open to pick your file, Click DH0: click TEMP drawer, it shots over to ENV: or something strange like that instead. Click into the path bar and it will shoot you over to the root again, very odd.

I didnt know what was happening at first since I set this up and then started having issues on another hard drive after installing it, didnt notice this driver was the cause untill I put a new motherboard in my 2000 with vampire and then a new OS install without the drive. Things worked, reinstalled this driver last night and the issue came back. Commented out the user-startup entry for c:mx1000.driver and moved freewheel to inactive in WBstartup, reboot and problem gone.

The product and the link to the drive is located here: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/cat ... ts_id=1259

[Profile] [Quote]
darksun9210
Post subject: Re: Bug when using AmigaKit Laser Mouse Drivers Posted: Thu 3 Aug 2017 15:36
that's odd, I've got a Cocolino on my A500, and ok fine I've only got a basic 3.9 install, but I have no problems with the freewheel software.
i'll do some more testing tonight as I've just copied over the system drive of my ApolloOS A600 to my A500 and see if anything is different or if I can replicate the issues you're seeing somehow.
i'll at least get you the version of the freewheel software i'm using and you can see if you've got the same one as me?

Vampire loaded
A500 + A600
Awaiting Vamps ;)
A1200x3, A3000, A4000, CD32

[Profile] [Quote]
darksun9210
Post subject: Re: Bug when using AmigaKit Laser Mouse Drivers Posted: Thu 3 Aug 2017 23:27
ok so the freewheel software I have is version 2.2.1, and I don't have a mx1000.driver, I have cocolino.driver, and that is version 1.3c

I haven't seen any problems you describe, BUT closer inspection; I did wipe out my old s:user-startup when I copied over the ApolloOS off of my A600. Looking at a backup of my system from prior to that, (incase the apolloOS copy didn't work out), I can see the cocolino.driver get called to run at the top of my old user-startup - this is of course, missing on my current user-startup.

so. I don't have any problems, because i'm not running it. :lol: ok, at least I got the version information for you. if the massive data copy i'm currently doing over Parnet fails anytime soon, i'll mod the user-startup to include the cocolino driver and see if that still works or not.

Vampire loaded
A500 + A600
Awaiting Vamps ;)
A1200x3, A3000, A4000, CD32

[Profile] [Quote]
Acill
Post subject: Re: Bug when using AmigaKit Laser Mouse Drivers Posted: Sun 13 Aug 2017 19:15
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone using the Amigakit classic boing ball mouse I linked and the driver they offer on the product page like I did. I can confirm it fails the same on a 2000 with two different motherboards and on two different 500 machines. It's def a vampire issue. If I boot my machine using another accelerator it doesn't do it. Put the vampire in again and it comes back.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] Return to “General Chat”

Jump to: