Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Marchie
Post subject: SAGA: How to use it? Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2017 09:43
Have installed the SAGA driver without problems, can display hi-res modes over HDMI - so far so good.

First question - most programs seem to want to open on the RGB screen - I have to use ModePro or similar to 'force' the screen onto the RTG monitor, is this how it's supposed to work?

Second question - How does the AGA part work? (WB still reports 1mb chip, not 2) If I just insert an AGA game a try to run it will it run? Will it output to the RTG screen by default? Or is all this business of AGA-on-ECS-machines something that's coming with GOLD 3 (if at all?)?

I'm not suggesting there's a problem, I just don't know how to use it. Can someone explain exactly how SAGA is supposed to work? At what level SAGA is implemented? Forcing apps to open on RTG works, but it's a little unstable and doesn't necessarily work for all apps so at the moment I'm just using RGB still.

Thanks anyone who can enlighten me!

[Profile] [Quote]
TuKo
Post subject: Re: SAGA: How to use it? Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2017 16:44
Administrateur du site
Marchie wrote: *  Mon 31 Jul 2017 09:43
First question - most programs seem to want to open on the RGB screen - I have to use ModePro or similar to 'force' the screen onto the RTG monitor, is this how it's supposed to work?
ModePro is *hacking* native resolution to force them to display on RTG. Mileage might highly vary depending on application.
Marchie wrote: *  Mon 31 Jul 2017 09:43
Second question - How does the AGA part work? (WB still reports 1mb chip, not 2) If I just insert an AGA game a try to run it will it run? Will it output to the RTG screen by default? Or is all this business of AGA-on-ECS-machines something that's coming with GOLD 3 (if at all?)?
AGA and "everything through HDMI" are GOLD3 features.

A600, V600 V2, A604n+Indi+RTC, CF 32Gb, WiFi
A500+, V500 V2+, Kipper 1MB ChipRAM, CF 32GB, Indivision ECS, ESP8266, Plipbox
A4000D, CS MK2 68060@66MHz 128Mb, Indi MK2cr, CF 16Gb, CV64 4Mb, FastATA MK-VI, Ariadne II

[Profile] [Quote]
Marchie
Post subject: Re: SAGA: How to use it? Posted: Tue 1 Aug 2017 01:48
Ok, thanks TuKo.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] Return to “General Chat”

Jump to: