Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » » »
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
torusam
Post subject: [SOLVED] my Vampire 600V2 does not boot Posted: Mon 16 Jan 2017 23:41
Hello,
i have troubles with my Vampire 600V2. I installed it on the Amiga 600, the green led stays on, the red one (ACT) blinks once when i start the Amiga.
Then nothing happens, sometimes i get the green screen, mostly the screen is black.
I cleaned up the pins several times, either of the CPU of Amiga600 and of the brown socket.

Is there any detailed picture on how it should be mounted?

What is the distance between brown socket and green motherboard plane? In my picture it is a bout 2 millimeters far, isn't that too far?

Does anyone could add here a detailed picture of how the Vampire is mounted?

Any alternative, such as soldering it to the mobo forever?

Here my picture:
[ img ]

Greetngs

p.s. note my amiga 600 has been recapped.

[Profile]
gregthecanuck
Post subject: Re: my Vampire 600V2 does not boot Posted: Tue 17 Jan 2017 03:38
It looks to me like it should be closer to the motherboard. Otherwise that little notch in the socket for the resistor is rather pointless. I know other users have had trouble pushing it all the way down.

[Profile]
torusam
Post subject: Re: my Vampire 600V2 does not boot Posted: Tue 17 Jan 2017 07:55
gregthecanuck wrote:
It looks to me like it should be closer to the motherboard. Otherwise that little notch in the socket for the resistor is rather pointless. I know other users have had trouble pushing it all the way down.
Yes, that is exactly the reason I ask about the distance of the motherboard to the brown socket (the notch should not be pointless :) ) . I have not been able to get any picture showing the distance between them. Could anyone tell me whether your Vampire 600V2 touch the motherboard? If that is the case, does it mean I need to dig the base of the brown socket if 1 millimeter?

Thanks for your help

[Profile]
Lemaru
Post subject: Re: my Vampire 600V2 does not boot Posted: Tue 17 Jan 2017 11:45
You will need to push it down ALOT harder. Mine sits flush to the board (as did the Furia and the old Apollo 630). Both the Furia and the Vampire needed quite a bit of pressure to get it flush. I found starting in one corner and moving around the socket then caused it to firmly pop into place.

[Profile]
guibrush
Post subject: Re: my Vampire 600V2 does not boot Posted: Fri 20 Jan 2017 09:18
Yes, the Vampire has to sit closer to the motherboard, the gap showed on the picture is far to high.
I advice you to take out the motherboard of the case and then apply a presure from under the mobo, because the gap between the motherboard and the case don't allow you to do it correctly if you leave it in the case.
http://www.apollo-accelerators.com/files/manual.pdf

A600 V1.5, V600 V2, A604n, RTC, Indi ECS, 32Gb CF, PCMCIA Ethernet, HD floppy, TOM, HP Pavilion 23xi monitor
A500+V8A, V500+, Indi ECS, 32Gb CF, SD-net, SD floppy, Kipper 2Mb chip expansion, TOM, Eizo EV2450

[Profile]
torusam
Post subject: Re: my Vampire 600V2 does not boot Posted: Sat 21 Jan 2017 12:20
thanks a lot you all! It works like a charm now! :D I pressed it down, not the Vampire is almost flush to the board.

Now i need to learn how to configure the system from ground zero.

I have one question: i run SysInfo (version 4 i believe) and it crashes when computing speed with FPU. Is this a known problem?

[Profile]
Mr-Z
Post subject: Re: my Vampire 600V2 does not boot Posted: Sat 21 Jan 2017 14:32
Yes this is a known problem with sysinfo, it expects a FPU and if it doesn't find one wit will crash&burn.
You can get the No FPU version from aminet, that will work.

Amiga is addictive coz it's fun to use 8-) config: A600 Vampire 2 "Black Edition"

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] Return to “Closed topics”

Jump to: