I got a v600 v2 card for some weeks ago from Brian. To be short, it seems unstable.
I have two refurbished 600 machines. One 300 REV 1 and one A600 Rev 2d and have tested on them both.
- Reboots by itself between 5-30 minutes.
- Corrupts the SD card image sometimes
- Goes into Green Screen (power off a while solves it)
- Adjusting Screen resolution. The screen goes black for some seconds during disk/PCMCIA activity quite easily on higher resolutions.
What is tested:
- Both A600 behave the same problem except on the A600 Rev 2d I also noticed strange artifacts on the Vampire boot screen + inside Workbench.
- Removing ROM
- Multiple power supplies (A500, A1200, PC Power with amiga power adapter)
- Different SD Cards, SD Card readers and IDE Cables
- I put a Heatsink on the Cyclone FPGA (it does not go very hot, but just in case)
- Different OS (3.9 BB4 with Vampire drivers and the ApolloOS - Ready made AOS3.9+ distro)
- Boot from ADF image test disk via Gotek - memory testing crashes after a while (randomly)
- Sanding/Cleaning the connections around the CPU
- Adjusting and firmly pushing the card onto the CPU
- With or without PCMCIA card. However it seems more unstable with any cards inserted (but it might be just a feeling). I have 3 different brands of Ethernet cards + a compatcflash card. The Ethernet cards works OK on my 1200.
- The A500 power supply, the IDE cable and the SD Card with the ApolloOS (which is unstable on the Vampire V600) is tested on an A500 with Vampire 500 V2+ and it has been running the whole day without problems. I got the 500 V2+ for 2 weeks ago.
Both Vampire cards came with Gold 2 core installed.