Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum

Vampire v2 problems

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
123neild
Post subject: Vampire v2 problems
Posted: Sun 10 Jun 2018 19:11

Hi

My vampire card is not working as it should

There is always power as indicated by the blue power light. But as the screen displays is usually black. No tune, no hdd activity and no Rom image displayed
Sometimes you either get a green/red/yellow screen

The card is on as tight as it will go

Please could anyone advise

Have waited 2 years for it and 2 weeks after arrival I can't get anything from it

Many thanks

Neil

Profile Quote
duane
Post subject: Re: Vampire v2 problems
Posted: Mon 11 Jun 2018 18:56

Hi Neil,

I just went through a lot of troubleshooting and can tell you some of the steps I remember to narrow down my issue:
  • Are you getting the black screen or color screen via Vampire DigitalOut or RGB out? I found it most useful to have both hooked up during troubleshooting... if you can't have both, use RGB, especially when flashing the core (so you can observer your computer rebooting after flash is complete).
  • Speaking of flashing the core, get a good USB Blaster. You'll need it to update your core as well as advanced troubleshooting: http://wiki.apollo-accelerators.com/dok ... re_quartus (I had to buy two, the first super cheap one didn't work. Second one... costing a whole $7 more... worked great.)
  • If you have any other expansions/upgrades, remove them while you try to troubleshoot.
  • Make sure you have a reliable power supply... if you have multiple to test with, even better
  • Try cleaning the contacts on your CPU with a cotton swab dampened (not soaking) with 91% isopropyl alcohol followed by a rubber pencil eraser. Blow it clean/dry with a can of compressed air and re-seat the Vampire firmly
  • Not sure what your startup-sequence is like, but make sure you modify SetPatch to SetPatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET (http://wiki.apollo-accelerators.com/doku.php/faq) if you are running OS 3.9 with BB2.
The Apollo team is crazy busy, so try to be patient. I know it's tough after waiting so long to get your Vampire, but they really do care and try to help. This forum is a great place to get support, but it can take a few days to get a response given everyone's different time zones and schedules.

Profile Quote
123neild
Post subject: Re: Vampire v2 problems
Posted: Mon 11 Jun 2018 19:33

Hi

Sometimes black screen, every now and then either a green, red and yellow screen.

Only have rgb output at the minute

Running a trial c.f card at the moment which has(I know you'll laugh) workbench 1.3 in all its natural state.

Have cleaned the cpu with a cotton bud

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Vampire 600 V2”
Jump to: