Where to go to order products?

AmigaDave

Where to go to order products?

Post by AmigaDave » Thu 1 Dec 2016 22:01

Hello all,

I have been watching all the various threads on several Amiga related forum sites regarding the Vampire accelerators, and Apollo soft-cores, and now that it appears that production delays might be getting solved, I would like to know how much everything will cost, and where I can order it from. I own an Amiga A600, as well as approx. 15 other Classic Amiga computers (maybe more, at one time I had over 32, but I have been trying to shrink my collection over the last few years), so I am definitely interested in both the Vampire for A600, plus future version for all other Amiga models, and even a stand alone Apollo system.

I have basic soldering skills, and I would even be interested in purchasing an unfinished board, with all the components, that I could solder up and complete myself, if that would mean that I could receive it sooner, and at a small discount in the price. Seeing the box of incomplete A600 V2 boards in the big box that still need connectors and a few other components hand soldered on to them to complete the boards made me think about getting an un-soldered/unfinished board, to decrease the amount of work Kipper2k needs to do by exactly one board. If Kipper2k could make a YouTube video of the steps he needs to do to modify the components that still need to be hand soldered to the A600 V2 boards that were shown in the big box, I would imagine that many buyers could follow the video and complete a board for themselves, and therefore save Kipper2k a bunch of soldering time. Of course, if Kipper2k agrees to sell unfinished boards, anyone buying a such a board and doing their own soldering would have to agree that they are doing so at their own risk, and Kipper2k would be free of any responsibility for the board not working after it was completed by the buyer. I would be willing to take that risk and do the final hand soldering and custom modification of components for my own board.

Anyway, congrats on moving forward to a partially machine soldered board, which allows faster production, and I look forward to future release of the A500/A2000 board (wish it could also fit into the CDTV), as well as models for the A3000/A4000/A1200, and stand alone system.

IanP

Re: Where to go to order products?

Post by IanP » Fri 2 Dec 2016 02:19

I doubt kipper2k will be willing to supply boards without connectors soldered. He wouldn't be able to program or test the board was working before sending it (some non-working units from the board house are to be expected). The sooner you sign up to join the queue at http://www.apollo-accelerators.com/orders/index.php the sooner you secure your place for a complete V600V2-128. The Vampire V500V2+ is currently only available via ebay auction, current auction at time of this reply http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-500-accel ... SwHMJYKNPv. No other models are yet available.

IanP

Re: Where to go to order products?

Post by IanP » Sun 4 Dec 2016 15:19

Just to update my last post, now expressing interest in pre-ordering the Vampire 500V2+ has opened the link is http://orders.apollo-accelerators.com/