Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
nonarkitten
Post subject: New Vampire Owner! Posted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 19:30
I just received my Vampire V2 500! Yayz!! Still waiting on my "new" Amiga 1000 to come in the mail. My grand-plans for this are to dabble in AMOS and the first step will be trying to get the new SAGA and 68080 features into some expansion library (like super-fast polygons). Later!

Zomg! Pew pew!

[Profile] [Quote]
nonarkitten
Post subject: Re: New Vampire Owner! Posted: Tue 12 Sep 2017 04:50
Finally got everything up and running! My Amiga 1000 is now a Vampire! My floppy is toast (it's in otherwise mint condition with little-to-no yellowing and no cap leaking) but I managed to set everything up using FS-UAE. I have an SDNet connection and have been checking out NetSurf on the Gold2.5 build, but found that it's REALLY unstable.

[ img ]

I'm thinking that it might be due to only have 256KB Chip RAM? I seems like some applications will still prefer to use it instead of the 128MB of Fast RAM that's available. Super annoying. Anyway, I'm otherwise super impressed and running it on a 50-inch 4K monitor is supremely awesome. Looking forward to the GOLD3!

Here's the pic of the stack-up. I used full-socket adapters with tin-lead contacts for robustness. Not very ROHS of me, but I'm sure my Amiga's already pretty full of the stuff.

[ img ]

Zomg! Pew pew!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)”

Jump to: