Hard drive issues.

jvdbossc

Hard drive issues.

Post by jvdbossc » Fri 19 May 2017 19:51

Hi, I got my vampire today. Had 2 drives from previous setup A1200. 10GB and 40GB. Hdinstools nor the one on the install disk find them. Connected properly. So looked in parts bin and fount 80 GB ide drive. That was recognised. Installed WB on small partition 499 MB. Then decided to go to main PC and hooked it up to winuae. Huh? Partitions not readable. Re-partitioned them. OK. Back to A500 vampire.. Hard drive does not show up any more. :oops: Checked red markers ok. Red to one, Red to config jumpers ok. 3 drives, non are usable. Am I missing something? Checked tool type scsi.device.. Wen't back down, hard drive to winuae. Hard drive and partitions show..

jvdbossc

Re: Hard drive issues.

Post by jvdbossc » Tue 23 May 2017 20:41

So this is solved.

I honestly cannot say what caused this. I must remark today I pulled the vampire card because it does not work with the aca500 v2. After reputting it, it detected the 80GB hard drive that I prepped in winuae. :D

Speed reported is not high, sysinfo say's only 3.9 mb on sys and only 1 mb :o on work partition. The bigdisk partition with smart file system is gone in winuae but not on the amiga, but I have one partion of 3.x g to transfer so that is enough transfer. I tried loadmodule scsi.device in winuae, but it does not add it.

But for my eyes there is one condensator wich causes the vampire not to align 100% on the amiga 500 plus. I will replace that one with a new one and put it flat on the a500 board.

Main thing is before I got errors when moving around from vampire to uae, now I got at least sys and second partition to transfer without errors. This last bit is probably software issue with large hard drive and me overlooking.