Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
obitus1990
Post subject: V500+ V2 questions about IDE Posted: Tue 4 Jul 2017 16:11
Hello, all.

Does the Vampire support one or two IDE devices on the IDE port?

Are BOTH LEDs on the vampire board supposed to stay illuminated at all times? The blue one comes on with the amiga, then the red one starts up once WB boots, but, then stays lit constantly after that. Since that LED has "ACT" written next to it on the PCB, I would expect it to only illuminate and flash when the IDE and SD cards are being read.

Finally, on my other two 500s, I have one with a GVP Impact II +8 and SCSI HD, and the other with an ACA500+. When both of these devices are reading from the hard disk, the Amiga's DISK LED flashes, indicating activity. My 500 with the vampire does NOT flash the LED on disk activity, but, will do so if either of the other two peripherals mentioned above are used on it, instead of the vampire (so, no the LED is not dead on this machine). Is the Vampire supposed to use the A500's disk activity LED? If not, can this feature be added? If it is supposed to work that way already, what do I need to do to get it to work properly?

[Profile] [Quote]
TuKo
Post subject: Re: V500+ V2 questions about IDE Posted: Thu 6 Jul 2017 10:12
Administrateur du site
obitus1990 wrote: *  Tue 4 Jul 2017 16:11
Does the Vampire support one or two IDE devices on the IDE port?
It's not supported when FastIDE is set to on.
Are BOTH LEDs on the vampire board supposed to stay illuminated at all times? The blue one comes on with the amiga, then the red one starts up once WB boots, but, then stays lit constantly after that. Since that LED has "ACT" written next to it on the PCB, I would expect it to only illuminate and flash when the IDE and SD cards are being read.
The RED led is actually configured to show if TURTLE mode is enabled or not.
Finally, on my other two 500s, I have one with a GVP Impact II +8 and SCSI HD, and the other with an ACA500+. When both of these devices are reading from the hard disk, the Amiga's DISK LED flashes, indicating activity. My 500 with the vampire does NOT flash the LED on disk activity, but, will do so if either of the other two peripherals mentioned above are used on it, instead of the vampire (so, no the LED is not dead on this machine). Is the Vampire supposed to use the A500's disk activity LED? If not, can this feature be added? If it is supposed to work that way already, what do I need to do to get it to work properly?
I use an CF2IDE device that has two pins to route IDE activity LED, otherwise it doesn't show IDE activity on Vampire.

A600, V600 V2, A604n+Indi+RTC, CF 32Gb, WiFi
A500+, V500 V2+, Kipper 1MB ChipRAM, CF 32GB, Indivision ECS, ESP8266, Plipbox
A4000D, CS MK2 68060@66MHz 128Mb, Indi MK2cr, CF 16Gb, CV64 4Mb, FastATA MK-VI, Ariadne II

[Profile] [Quote]
obitus1990
Post subject: Re: V500+ V2 questions about IDE Posted: Thu 6 Jul 2017 19:27
TuKo wrote: *  Thu 6 Jul 2017 10:12

It's not supported when FastIDE is set to on.
What is not supported? More than one IDE? How are settings (such as this FASTIDE one) changed in the vampire? There really are no documents that I have been able to find for this.
Quote:
The RED led is actually configured to show if TURTLE mode is enabled or not.
How does one change this setting? No documents.
Quote:
Two pins to route IDE activity LED, otherwise it doesn't show IDE activity on Vampire.
Do you route this the Amiga itself (assuming you have it on an A500) or to somewhere on the Vampire? If on the Amiga 500 mainboard, where?

Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)”

Jump to: