Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum

New card, first steps

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
clh333
Post subject: New card, first steps
Posted: Thu 5 Oct 2017 23:22

Just received V500 2+ in mail today. Plan is to install in an Amiga 500, but before diving in may I ask for some guidance:

Is there a site / page / FAQ for installation instructions? I did receive a small enclosure with the card but the more info the better at this point.

Where can I learn more about the features of this design?

Is there a list of "proven hardware", e.g. DigitalOut or CF cards? Or known incompatibilities?

Thanks for any advice you can give...

-CH-

Profile Quote
davedoc1984
Post subject: Re: New card, first steps
Posted: Fri 6 Oct 2017 15:27

I literally got my card this week. I have installed it into my A500 Plus and to be honest the install is so easy and straightforward.

1) Remove Your 68000 CPU
2) Remove your Kickstart ROM (believe it or not this is no longer needed)
3) Insert the Vampire into the CPU Socket.
4) Fire it up and you should get a kickstart screen :)

Here is my YouTube video from my channel showing me going through the basic install process!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUcJF51nFdU

From this point onwards I have installed a pre-setup Compact Flash Card (Sandisk is recommended for this) with Classic Workbench on it and then installed Picasso96 and the latest SAGA Driver as my card has already got the Gold 2 Core on it.

Profile Quote
clh333
Post subject: Re: New card, first steps
Posted: Fri 6 Oct 2017 19:28

Thank you for your reply. After registering here I went to the Apollo site and learned more. I also found the wiki and its files.

A couple of questions remain: Can the SD port (and card) be used in place of an HD? Can the IDE and the SD ports both contain memory devices? Can the IDE port be used with a physical hard drive? Lastly, what is the potential use of the I/O port?

Looking forward to installing.

Thanks again,

-CH-

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)”
Jump to: