I've just received the confirmation email for the vampire v2+, but I have a few questions.
I have an Amiga 2000 with:
1. I assume the Derringer is useless with a vampire and should be removed?
2. Kipper used to sell adapters for the Vampire to fit into the A2000 expansion slot rather than having to sit it over the CPU socket, but he's gone AWOL. Does anyone know where to get these adapters?
3. Are those adapters required? Any issues without them?
Relating to the announced Vampire v4
4. How long can we expect before the V2+ is end-of-life'ed and stops receiving core updates?
5. Are there any significant hardware differences between the V2+ and V4 that will cause the V2+ to miss out on functionality that the V4 will get? (Ie. AGA support). This also ties into question 4, as major hardware differences will affect the EoL of the V2+.
6. Is there an estimate of the price difference between the V2+ and V4? (Ie. +$20, +$50, +$100, +$200)
7. I'm assuming it is too early to upgrade to V4, and therefore I must pay for the V2+ or cancel my order and wait for more information on the V4?
8. Reading the V4 announcement, it almost sounds like there's no real point using a V4 inside an Amiga, as it replaces virtually everything, and instead to get the stand-alone version. Does the V4 benefit from using actual Amiga hardware, apart from the "authenticity factor" of being inside the real system?
If that were the case, I would probably still consider getting the V2+ to "update" my Amiga, and then consider the V4 as a stand-alone system without the issues of a 25+ year old system.
Thanks for taking the time to read my questions