Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
stylon
Post subject: Cables/Adaptors needed for CF & CDROM? Posted: Fri 16 Mar 2018 13:43
Hi Guys,

My V2+ has finally been dispatched and I'm just looking to get everything ready for when it arrives now.

Obviously I'm going to need a CF adaptor and card but I'd also like to be able run an IDE CD-ROM drive off it as well.

Assuming this is possible what sort of adaptors/cables would I need to buy to get both attached please?

[Profile] [Quote]
fitzsteve
Post subject: Re: Cables/Adaptors needed for CF & CDROM? Posted: Fri 16 Mar 2018 15:59
stylon wrote: *  Fri 16 Mar 2018 13:43
Hi Guys,

My V2+ has finally been dispatched and I'm just looking to get everything ready for when it arrives now.

Obviously I'm going to need a CF adaptor and card but I'd also like to be able run an IDE CD-ROM drive off it as well.

Assuming this is possible what sort of adaptors/cables would I need to buy to get both attached please?

4 Way buffered IDE should do the trick, unless the IDE is already buffered then a 3 way cable would suffice, for the latter you would need a 44-40 way connector/converter and for both solutions consider how you power the CDRom Drive.

https://amigakit.amiga.store/catalog/pr ... cts_id=465

[Profile] [Quote]
stylon
Post subject: Re: Cables/Adaptors needed for CF & CDROM? Posted: Mon 19 Mar 2018 09:54
fitzsteve wrote: *  Fri 16 Mar 2018 15:59
4 Way buffered IDE should do the trick, unless the IDE is already buffered then a 3 way cable would suffice, for the latter you would need a 44-40 way connector/converter and for both solutions consider how you power the CDRom Drive.

https://amigakit.amiga.store/catalog/pr ... cts_id=465
Thanks - that sounds just the ticket but sadly AmigaKit doesn't have any in stock - any idea where else I might pick one up from please?

As for powering the CD-ROM I've got a molex PSU adapter that came in one of those 3.5" HDD to USB adapter kits and ultimately intend to pick up a caddy of some sorts to house it all in.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: Cables/Adaptors needed for CF & CDROM? Posted: Mon 19 Mar 2018 18:28
Please follow up here and let me know how that works out. Might be interested in doing the same if you get good results.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)”

Jump to: