Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Amigator
Post subject: Coffin r48 - core 2.8 - empty screen with only top WB bar Posted: Sat 31 Mar 2018 19:41
Hello,

I need some help with my Vampire 500+

Since I bought my Vampire 500+ from Igor, I had never flashed its core.
The last week-end, I have flashed the V500+ with the core 2.8 with the command line in a cli.
The flash has been perfectly done.
After a long switch off, I have launched my A500 with Coffin r48 onto a CF card.
Onto the HDMI monitor, I can see the Core 2.8 boot picture... Beautiful!
After, the system launchs. But it doesn't launch the Workbench.
I obtain only a grey empty screen as showned in the picture below. The mouse moves well into the screen.

When the A500 boots onto the HD2 partition, the menu of the recovery tools appears onto the crt monitor.

When the A500 boots with a standard 3.1 system installed onto a CF card, eveything works fine onto the crt monitor, but no signal onto hdmi monitor since I didn't install the Picasso driver.

I don't understand what is happening. Core update has been done without error. Coffin r48 had been put onto a 32GB Transcend 400x UDMA7 CF card with dd command line under Linux.

Thanks a lot for your help! :-)

[ attachment ]
IMG_20180331_191654-2.jpg (107.11 KiB) Viewed 284 times
[ attachment ]
IMG_20180331_191616-2.jpg (236.85 KiB) Viewed 284 times

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: Coffin r48 - core 2.8 - empty screen with only top WB bar Posted: Sat 31 Mar 2018 21:28
I'm an end user just like you and am thinking of a similar issue I had when I created my own HDD for a custom install. Check the boot priority of DH0: and DH2:

Make sure DH0: is boot priority 1
Make sure DH2: is boot priority 0

If those are good, and you're still having issues, try commenting out the user-startup lines i startup-sequence. Take it one step at a time to see if you can figure out if anything in the startup sequence is causing the issue.

[Profile] [Quote]
Amigator
Post subject: Re: Coffin r48 - core 2.8 - empty screen with only top WB bar Posted: Sun 1 Apr 2018 15:52
Hi,

The boot priority partitions are good.

When the system is launching normally, I only obtain the empty grey screen.
When the system is launching on Restore partition (HD2), I can run Filemanager.
I have opened a CLI and then open the workbench with loadwb.
I have also tried to edit the startup-sequence (hd0:s) with ed and also with CygnusEd.
They can open the file, I can move into and modify lines, but they don't save the modifications.
When I read the modified files, the output is an empty file. I had also saved a startup-sequence.old file for security.
The generated file is also empty.

And when the Amiga is rebooting onto in restore mode, the startup-sequence.old file saved in hd0:s has disappeared,
and the modifications made into the original file are also disappeared. All the lines are present, the file isn't empty!

Strange... Is it possible to write onto hd0 from the restoration mode?
When I try to mount the partitions under Linux, the partition type is not recognized by the command line.
(for those who know Linux: sudo mount -t affs /dev/ssd1 ~/Amiga/sdd1)

Regards.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: Coffin r48 - core 2.8 - empty screen with only top WB bar Posted: Tue 3 Apr 2018 12:59
Sounds like your cf card maybe write protected or all the files it are. Have you attempted to reset protect permissions in an amiga shell?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)”

Jump to: