Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ] Go to page 1 2 »
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: {RESOLVED}File transfers on EXP port Posted: Sat 7 Apr 2018 17:06
RESOLVED - Please close this topic

SMBFS downgraded to v1.74 resolved this issue.

Vampire V500v2+ on A500.

This issue started when I moved my ENC ethernet module to EXP port. This was on core 2.9 prerelease 5042_812 and thought I'd wait for 2.9 to be released and retest with new saga drivers to see i the issue goes away but it hasn't. I don't know the file size threshold but I will do more extensive tests later today.

On core 2.8 with SDNet - I could transfer files to and from an SMB share on my NAS without the file transfers getting locked up.

On core 2.9x11, coffin r49, saga1.3 drivers as well as earlier EXP supported core, I can only upload really small files to the SMB share. I can download fine. However; with files as large as 469KB, the upload freezes up about 20% in. Internet continues to work fine during this file transfer lockup so the TCP/IP connection is stable but something is going terribly wrong when trying to transfer files from Amiga to an external source.

Feel free to list anything you want me to check or test. Hardware wise, all is good. I've checked the physical network end to end with line testers, pings from same cable on another computer, SMB share access and permissions etc..

Later today I am going to use a variety of file sizes starting really small and working my way up to try and identify when the issue starts. i don't have that info right now.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus on Wed 25 Apr 2018 20:48, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Sun 8 Apr 2018 12:45
OK, I have reproducible results. I'm using roadshow 1.13 btw.

So I can download very large files without issue.

However - uploads fail on any file starting at around 20KB.
I've attached a collection of padded ASCII file ranging from 1KB to 500KB . 15KB uploads fine, 20KB and up fail. files fail at around 17kb-ish of data transferred.
Testfiles.zip
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

[Profile] [Quote]
TuKo
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Sun 8 Apr 2018 13:13
Administrateur du site
Untested :

Try to put "TIMER=7000 SPISPEED=2 MTU=1492" in ENVARC:SANA2/v2expeth.config

A600, V600 V2, A604n+Indi+RTC, CF 32Gb, WiFi
A500+, V500 V2+, Kipper 1MB ChipRAM, CF 32GB, Indivision ECS, ESP8266, Plipbox
A4000D, CS MK2 68060@66MHz 128Mb, Indi MK2cr, CF 16Gb, CV64 4Mb, FastATA MK-VI, Ariadne II

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Sun 8 Apr 2018 13:57
This were my setting. I adjusted them from that with same negative results, the settings are back to those - no change. i do reboot after editing. My NAS logs show the files transferred but the Amiga transfer (using DOPUS) freezes up. I'm rebooting my NAS now - when it's done I'm going to try copying the 20KB file via WB drag and drop and then also using SHELL - if I get better results I'll update here.

Also - my NAS had a setting to apply UNIX permissions to files, I disabled that and am waiting for the reboot to complete. I'm making the share as simple as possible by removing that setting and disabling any logging. There are no special settings, it's a wide open share. So I'll see what happens shortly.

At some point I'll test with FTP as well, local and over the internet. Have limited time to do this today and have to jump on an unrelated task soon so hopefully I'll have more data to ponder sooner rather than later.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Sun 8 Apr 2018 14:27
My current sdnet.config:

TIMER=7000 SPISPEED=2 MTU=1492 FULLDUPLEX

SMB uploads continue to fail as described earlier.
However; using FTPmount, uploads to the same directory in DOPUS works just fine and is very fast.
So the issue is now down to smbfs.
version smbfs 1.102

smbfs script to mount the share
stack 10000
Run >NIL: smbfs workgroup=FEDCOMS service=//FEDCOMS-NAS/Amiga user=*MYUN* password=*MYPW* device=ANAS: volume=AmigaNAS:

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Mon 9 Apr 2018 20:50
As a followup - I changed the stack in the above script to 500000 - same issues.
I also added a 5 to the stack of DOPUS icon which made it a 5xxxxx sized stack and did the same to the properties of the toolmanager dock - none of the changed the current situation.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Tue 10 Apr 2018 17:07
OK so the problem is with Coffin r49 or the way something is configured within coffin r49.

I set up another hard drive with WB3.1 plain and simple.
The I did a full installation of OS3.9 with Boing Bags 1 - 4
Then installed P96v2 and the latest 1.3 saga drivers along with roadshow and smbfs.

I can copy large files up to my SMB share without issues with this setup.

I keep coffin on a different HDD so i can swap out hard drives to try anything. And coffin freezes Copying large files up to SMB share while plain jane OS3.9 BB1-4 does not.

[Profile] [Quote]
zekstra
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Sun 15 Apr 2018 10:51
I had same problem with my A1200 net a few years ago. SAMBA IS the problem. Different versions on NAS/PC and AMIGA side didn't cooperated well (V2 vs V1).
I cann't remember how I solved the problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
zekstra
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Mon 16 Apr 2018 18:48
As I read ChangeLog for Core GOLD2.9, they changed pinout for expansion port. I'd be careful when connecting expansions as I can not confirm this change.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: File transfers on EXP port Posted: Thu 19 Apr 2018 20:57
Yep, I have not installed the EXP port ethernet until 2.9 official got released along with the official installation guide with correct pin-outs. Honestly, I am now on Coffin r51 and haven't tested yet. Being I haven't noticed an issue, I think the new coffin works fine. I will confirm at some point within the next day or so and report back. Perhaps this topic is resolved and I don't even realize it yet.

EDIT: Nope problem persists in Coffin r51. Uploads to and SMB share with files around 17KB lock up. This does not happen in a generic OS3.9 +BB1-4 installation using the same version of SMBFS.

RESOLVED - Please close this topic

SMBFS downgraded to v1.74 resolved this issue.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus on Wed 25 Apr 2018 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ] Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: