Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Emufr3ak
Post subject: Backward Compatibility Vampire V4 Posted: Sat 11 Nov 2017 12:20
I'm really tempted to buy the upcoming Standalone Vampire V4. Currently I own a Mist board. Unfortunately this is not compatible with more highend games and Demos. I'd really like to run those highend TBL and Ghostown Demos. Also I think the board would even be powerful enough for a lot of my evergday Tasks like browsing the web and watching YouTube videos.

On the other hand the Mist is really good when it comes to running Oldschool Ocs stuff, as I can switch back to 68000 and OCS. Will this be possible on the VampireV4? I really look for a Device that can cover all my Amiga needs. From the old stuff to the most recent one.

[Profile] [Quote]
rshimada
Post subject: Re: Backward Compatibility Vampire V4 Posted: Wed 15 Nov 2017 04:51
Emufr3ak wrote: *  Sat 11 Nov 2017 12:20
...the upcoming Standalone Vampire V4... I think the board would even be powerful enough for a lot of my evergday Tasks like browsing the web and watching YouTube videos.
Today's web is using today's hardware and software. It's more likely that the V4 would be able to view the web from 10 years ago.
Quote:
...I can switch back to 68000 and OCS... in the VampireV4?
The Apollo cores are about speed and moving forward. An Apollo core running at 7 Mhz should be significantly faster than a real Amiga.

This would be a feature to turn off most of the team's work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] Return to “Upcoming products”

Jump to: