Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum

HDMI-out solution for A500?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
VectrexRoli
Post subject: HDMI-out solution for A500?
Posted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 19:01

I got my Vampire V2+ and now I am looking for a nice solution for an DigitalOut out connector at the back of the system.
Did someone succeed doing something like that? What do I need to buy? I only could find solutions for the A600 so far.
On the left side of the RGB connector there is not much space, so I guess the way to go would be to drill a hole on the right side behind the floppy drive.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VectrexRoli

Profile Quote
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: HDMI-out solution for A500?
Posted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 23:27

You can get an DigitalOut extension cable (short - but long enough to reach where you want it installed).

As for mounting it? Hot glue?

Profile Quote
VectrexRoli
Posted: Sun 27 Aug 2017 06:26

Sinphaltimus wrote: *  Sat 26 Aug 2017 23:27
You can get an DigitalOut extension cable (short - but long enough to reach where you want it installed).

Yes that´s what I also would try, just wanted to know if soembody can already recommend parts for that from eBay, Deal Extreme or AliExpress that fit best.

Profile Quote
nonarkitten
Posted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 19:21

I'm going to order a panel-mount DigitalOut from DigiKey, and Dremel out the holes.

Zomg! Pew pew!

Profile Quote
VectrexRoli
Posted: Tue 29 Aug 2017 04:52

nonarkitten wrote: *  Mon 28 Aug 2017 19:21
I'm going to order a panel-mount DigitalOut from DigiKey, and Dremel out the holes.
Thanks for the hint, shipping costs there at Digikey are extremly expensive, but at least I can try to find something similar on eBay now, as I got a product description text and now I know what am looking for. ;-)

Profile Quote
deadlocked
Posted: Tue 9 Jan 2018 01:26

Sinphaltimus wrote: *  Sat 26 Aug 2017 23:27

I did exactly that. I got an extension cable (DigitalOut male to DigitalOut female), just long enough to reach from the Vampire to the empty space on the back of my A500+ (next to the Mouse port, under the floppy disk drive). You can dremel out a hole (rough shape) and then use a flat file to sand it down until you make it the same size as the female end of the DigitalOut extension cable. There is enough room next to the Mouse port or under the floppy disk drive, so location is a matter of taste. I chose next to the mouse port so that all cables went out the back.

Once the cable was held in place by friction alone, I put a drop of crazy glue to keep it in place and then hot glued all around it from the inside of the case (you have to remove the floppy drive for this, so be careful that both power and data cables on the floppy drive are connected back with the right orientation) It is very sturdy with all that hot glue, so I do not fear it will yank out if I pull on the external DigitalOut cable too hard.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)”
Jump to: