Apollo Accelerators

Apollo Accelerators Discussion Forum
» » »
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
hiroshima
Post subject: Mini Megi Chip Posted: Tue 20 Mar 2018 20:37
Hi guys,

New member here.

Recently I acquired an Amiga 500 rev. 6a with 512k mem expansion in trapdoor and a Vampire accelerator.

My plan is to apply the 1MB chip ram mod and get a Mini Megi Chip.

So the question is: does the Vampire fit along the Mini Megi Chip? Do I need pin rises?

Kindly,

Mauro

[Profile] [Quote]
Sinphaltimus
Post subject: Re: Mini Megi Chip Posted: Sat 24 Mar 2018 14:58
I dunno what the minimega chip does but you may want to hold off. With Gold core v3 you will get upwards of 4MB chip ram direct from the vampire's memory. At least I've read that is the plan.

[Profile] [Quote]
darksun9210
Post subject: Re: Mini Megi Chip Posted: Sun 25 Mar 2018 14:23
it won't fit without some form of riser on the CPU socket.

I have a minimega chip in my rev5 a500 and the 1meg hack to give me 2meg chip ram, and i'm currently using a clockport adapter from individual computers in the 68k socket - to lift the vampire so it fits over the megachip board sat in the agnus socket.

it all works, but i can't fit the keyboard back in this configuration or consequently close the lid.

waiting for gold3 to move the chip ram into the vampires ram area and remove the need for the chipram on the amiga itself. then i'll be able to close the lid on my machine.

Vampire loaded
A500 + A600
Awaiting Vamps ;)
A1200x3, A3000, A4000, CD32

[Profile] [Quote]
hiroshima
Post subject: Re: Mini Megi Chip Posted: Sun 8 Apr 2018 06:05
darksun9210 wrote: *  Sun 25 Mar 2018 14:23
it won't fit without some form of riser on the CPU socket.

I have a minimega chip in my rev5 a500 and the 1meg hack to give me 2meg chip ram, and i'm currently using a clockport adapter from individual computers in the 68k socket - to lift the vampire so it fits over the megachip board sat in the agnus socket.

it all works, but i can't fit the keyboard back in this configuration or consequently close the lid.

waiting for gold3 to move the chip ram into the vampires ram area and remove the need for the chipram on the amiga itself. then i'll be able to close the lid on my machine.
Many thanks, this are precious infos.

M.

[Profile] [Quote]
ChesLans
Post subject: Re: Mini Megi Chip Posted: Wed 9 May 2018 19:36
Hi..as per my knowledge there are expansions you can use that will lift your Chip RAM to 1MB after you have the right Vampire. I have an ICD AdRAM 540 that does exactly this with a very simple, small modification that entails cutting a trace and soldering one wire.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] Return to “Vampire 500 V2(+)”

Jump to: